Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back to work!

a break from the recap of my first month to reflect on my first few days back at work...
i guess its because i practiced leaving diego at home to run little errands, watch a movie, have lunch or dinner out, i had already psyched myself that going to work would be just like that.  just a bit longer.  it makes me appreciate when he wakes up at night, even if it means less sleep for me, because that's when i get to spend alone time with my son. i also love coming home to see him, and i get such a high from seeing his first smile when i arrive.  if i arrive and he's still asleep, i just chat with yaya rona to find out what they were up to the whole day.  i find such a sense of achievement to find out that he drank a lot of milk, because then it makes me feel that i'm doing a good job of providing him with the milk he needs to grow. while i'm at the office, it's not too bad either.  its just like old times, when i hadn't given birth yet, but without the pregnancy restrictions.  and while i do pine to be with my baby, practically counting the minutes til i can go home, i don't really mind being at work, knowing that i am so blessed to have my own little family.  work hasn't poured in, in fact, i haven't been doing anything at work because there are no new projects, and my bosses are on leave.  it makes the day go by sooo slowly, but the good part is that i have no issues with leaving immediately at 5pm to rush home to my little one.  now i know what rey was talking about when he started going to work after diego was born.  its easy now, but i know it will only get harder as he gets older, and quality time with him will be even more precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment