Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

One year old, quarter 1


I still haven't been diligent about posting here, so I've decided to post an update about the first "quarter" of our little boys 1 year old life.  :)

[I've tried to write Bogs monthly letters since he was born following the practice of my friend, Ina.  I don't publish these letters online, but allow me to share this last letter for this post.]

You are growing up to be a really sweet boy.  Just yesterday when we were at 60 Zodiac with the other Bautistas, you were the one chasing Manong David and Manang Addie and trying to hug them.  They were both kind of annoyed with you, haha, but you were relentless.  It was the cutest thing.  You even kissed Manong David when we told you to! (and you don’t even kiss US when we ask you to!).  You seem to be at that stage where you are really fond of other little people like you.

You walk really fast now.  But maybe because most of your shoes are still big, or maybe because you walk too fast, you still get your feet twisted and fall down often.  But you hardly ever cry when you fall.  You are such a brave little boy.  You also have a new “war wound” this month.  Just last week, Owa Gina brought you and Manong David to Tagaytay for the day cause she had to check things out for some construction she is doing there.  According to yaya Rona, you fell somewhere in the yellow room and got a layer of skin peeled off.  I had to go to the wake of your Tita Rizsa Chipeco’s dad that night, so I wasn’t home right away.  Your Dad called me when he got home and he was furious! He gets really upset when you get scratched up or get wounds.  I kept telling him that you’re a little boy and these things will be inevitable.  But of course that doesn’t mean we’ll worry about you any less. 

We also went back to Tagaytay with people from Daddy’s office over the weekend.  On Sunday morning, because you didn’t want to take a bath, you were crying your heart out again with heart wrenching screams.  This is not uncommon for you.  Yes, when you are happy, you are really happy, also laughing with screeches of delight, but when you’re angry, oh boy, you are ANGRY.  Anyway, I was holding you trying to comfort you while Yaya Rona was trying to towel you off when we both noticed that tiny droplets of blood were forming out of your scar.  It was enough to make me weak.  I think the intensity of your screams made blood come out of the raw healing wound.  Hay, my little boy. 

You spend most days at home, but Owa Gina has been taking you and Manong David out a lot recently.  She brought you both to the Manila Oceanarium, but I don’t think you cared much for the fish in the acquarium yet.  You liked dipping your hand into the little pool with star fish they say, but that was pretty much it. 

Your favorite toys are still “non-toys”, like the little tea candles at home, spoons, or whatever you can mix.  On one car trip with Owa, she said you were getting fussy and to pacify you, Owa gave you a small tin of her mints.  You fell asleep with the mint tin in your mouth. Hehehe.  The tin now has dents from your teeth marks.  I know this also isn’t very safe because sometimes you bite off the paint from the can, but sometimes we are desperate and don’t know how else to pacify you.

You are also now an expert at saying “babay” and your half flying kiss.  For your flying kiss, you just sort of put two fingers to your mouth, but you don’t make it “fly away” hahaha.  Sometimes, when I’m leaving, you start saying “babay” with a quiver in your voice.  I still can’t figure out sometimes what you think you are saying when you say “babay”, because sometimes you say it to tease that you are leaving, or you say it when you want to leave, but you also say it when you know mommy is leaving and you don’t want me to go.  Also, now everyone is “Mam” to you.  You walk in the room and see Dad sleeping and you say, “Mam, “Mam”.  And then you try to wake him up by pouncing on him continuing to say “Mam, mam”.  It is too adorable for words hahaha.  You also gesture to Owa and even Lolo by saying “Mam, mam”.  Hehe.  You are really a funny boy.

Another word you say it “Come, come.”  At least I think you say this.  You also mutter a lot of other things, hopefully they form into real words soon. 

Its still very difficult to feed you.  I usually get desperate and just feed you white rice cause it seems to be the only thing you’ll take, just as long as I get some food in you.  Hopefully you will be a “great eater” like your Dad and I. hehehe.

You still don’t sleep through the night when you’re with me and Daddy in the room.  According to Yaya Rona, the time that Daddy and I went to Hong Kong without you (yes, our first trip without you, two nights away from our sweet boy), you slept through the night!  I don’t know how she does it or if you do it on purpose.  But at least the thought that it can happen does give me hope!  

I’m pretty nervous about your checkup this month because I really don’t seem to see that you’re gaining a lot of weight or growing taller.  I feel it will be judgment on my ability to nurture your growth! Ack! Haha.  But hopefully all will be well.  Today is actually Mommy and Daddy’s 2nd wedding anniversary. :) You are definitely one of the best gifts mommy and Daddy ever received since then.  As I told Daddy last night before we went to sleep, you bring me so much joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment